The Chronicles of Jack, Julia, and Adeline Fehskens

Come along with us as we follow Jack, Julia, and Adeline to infinity and beyond.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.


December has come and gone, January has shown its wintry head and passed on down the trail.  We are now in the ending throes of February and God continues to amaze us with His tender care.  Not beat-down-the-door camaraderie or ingratiating lies; no, He creeps into our lives like a parent checking on his sleeping child, and leaves blessings for us to discover as we slowly wake to the world around us.
This has been a tumultuous few months.  I am a year older, and in getting  my hair cut discovered a plethora of white--not gray, but white--hairs residing on my head's lower east side.  Reminded me of Holden Caulfield.  And the same week I receive my final work evaluation before they went ahead and gave me the thumbs-up; I'm set for tenure and a load is lifted off of my back.
All of these things occurring have finally given me pause to stop and take stock of what have become, truly, the most precious people in the world to me:  my brilliant lovely wife and our progeny, these wonder-filled children.  If every parent were to feel this way, I doubt there would be any more war or hatred; how could you harbor such feelings when your heart held so much love?
Jack is nigh approaching two, and Julia has passed her second month with aplomb.  There are kisses goodnight from big brother to little sister; there are calls for "Baby?" when I trundle him out to the car ahead of the ladies; and the first Sunday we took Julia to the infant care center before dropping Jack off with the toddlers, he pitched a royal fit of screaming and crying that would only be sated by another look at his sister, safe and sound.
I've uploaded some of the best pictures of this period and made a little music video with them; the links are embedded below.  For now, our love to you, and enjoy.

Click HERE for the YouTube video
Click HERE for the Vimeo video

No comments:

Post a Comment