Hello, friends! Today finds me walking through the days of December once again as I recollect its blessed days and share some of its moments with you. It was a wonderful month, mainly because as our children age into this special period of wonder we get to see their astonishment at every new thing and their joy at how magical the world becomes for a little while. With Jack almost 4 and Julia now 2, it was wonderful to see the sights and talk about Christmas, and we made sure to visit every place we though would deepen its bliss in their hearts--church every Sunday as it transformed with beauty, the mall where kitsch and tradition waltz arm in arm, and the houses of family as we celebrate in our own special way. I hope you enjoy the sights as much as we did.
Click HERE for a Youtube video.
Click HERE for a Vimeo video.
And below, find the stills themselves.
Jack gets to meet Old Navy Santa, the most famousest Santa of them all.
The kids having fun with the beautiful Nativity set that Nanet and Bampa sent.
Of course we had to find Santa and have him do a flyover.
This is what Jack did when I asked him if he liked them.
We broke this thing a number of times but it's surprising how little of it we actually ate.
Proud of his creation!
We also went on a trip to the Gingerbread House Parade in Asheville.
These are out of focus, but we had a good time.
Snack break!
Just warm enough to go to the playground.
Crazy Doc, loving on Julia.
Jack loves his Octonauts gift from Uncle Ted and fam!
He wanted a tie like Dad, so I got him two. That meant, of course, that they needed to be worn simultaneously.
Julia is pretty good at stopping to smell the roses. Or dog fur.
Everybody is at Grandma's farm for the holiday!
From profile, Lily and Julia are indistinguishable.
She's a present!
'Twas the night before...
He only nagged about this for four months. I didn't mind, because I nagged for Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man for longer than that.
I think maybe she's channeling the Grinch?
Those are cute, Mom...
...but they look better on me.






















No comments:
Post a Comment