The Chronicles of Jack, Julia, and Adeline Fehskens

Come along with us as we follow Jack, Julia, and Adeline to infinity and beyond.

Monday, January 20, 2020

Ah, life! Ah, kids! Ah, everything! Time skips by more and more quickly as we grow older and
our lives become fuller. Right now I’m flipping through the pictures on my phone and thinking
about the worlds of difference and occurrence that have transpired since the last post on here.
Let’s skip the sentimentality and run through where we’re at now.

Jack is almost 10 and continues to grow more unique and personable with his likes and dislikes.
This is the first time Chels and I have gotten to see one of our kids get this big, so the fact that
he thinks and ponders and reads and decides and shares opinions and argues is pretty
amazing to us still. That being said, his attitude has to get shut down sometimes but all I have
to do is think back on my behavior and thoughts from ages 13 to (fill in the blank) and I tend
to be a lot more forgiving. He loves Legos, every book ever, Star Wars, and slow jams.
He’s a great kid. He needs a haircut.

Julia seems to be destined to be an artiste. She draws every second of her spare time, and her
sketches are getting better and better. She has begun ballet again for the season and practices
her moves up in her room constantly. She loves combining clothes to make strikingly colorful
outlets and she always seems to be involved in some craft or creation. She’s like her mother in
so many ways and I love it. Now if only she’d quit growing vertically. She’s going to look like a
Q-tip before long.

And then Adeline. The funniest kid I have ever known. I don’t even know what to say about her. 
She is perpetually into every single thing in the house. She will methodically tear out pages
from her coloring book, spread them out on the living room floor, and then select which ones to
color throughout the day. She will steal candy and hide behind the washer to eat it. She yells as
loud as she can at Jack and Julia when it’s time for dinner, and if they’re not quick enough she
calls them both “bad dogs.” The past two nights when it’s time to get ready for bed she has
thrown her diaper and pajamas off the bed and then spin naked, laughing at herself. I can’t
even get going on all that girl does, but she’s funny, and smart, and I love her.

Finally, I won’t take too much time on Chelsea and myself because we’re mostly just adulting all
the time and that’s exhausting for anybody. My narration has been rolling along as always, and
this continues to be a blessed year at school, which is a huge answer to prayer. I don’t get to
game or play music as much as I’d like but it’s usually swapped for being with the family so I’d
say fair trade.

Chelsea continues, rather annoyingly, to be good at absolutely everything. She was recently
accepted into the 2nd largest wool show in the country, which becomes even more notable
when you realize that they only accept 4-5 people every year out of hundreds of applications.
She’s a true Proverbs 31 woman in every way, and I’m still humbled that I got to team up with
that awesome lady.

Our love to everyone, and hope you enjoy the videos/photos below. Cheers!















































No comments:

Post a Comment